Sunday, September 21, 2014

Back To Motherhood

Miss Joanne, from South Africa has gone back home and we are left to pick up the pieces. What an emotional experience to share your precious offspring with another woman. She wore the baby, and mothered in a gentle manner. The kids also had daily excursions around town picking wild mulberries.

Miss Joanne taught me how to cook a lentil bake, make homemade crackers and make vegan milk from pecans.  I am so thankful I was able to go "back to work", have interactions with my co-workers and also get out of the house for a couple months.  I love many aspects of my work, however the first shift hours are not ideal for me at this current time of my life.

This summer was also a whirlwind with trips to Oshkosh WI, Camp Meeting and Camp Au Sable.  I had so much fun singing hymns and kid songs in the van with Miss Joanne.  She brought her guitar along which added accompaniment to her angelic voice. We camped at a State Park in Wisconsin. What a difference traveling makes when you have two extra adults who are ready to help each child get through the day.

I continue to research home school co-ops. My current favorite website for ideas is "Raising Arrows" by Amy Roberts.  I am taking an "eclectic" approach to schooling the kids.  We cook together, read books, sing around the keyboard and do a calender each day.

Book I am currently reading:  "Beyond the Sling" by Mayim Bialik.  

Website I am hoping to join in the next couple months:  Pretty Padded Room
I am a licensed therapist and hope to continue doing therapy through video conferencing.

I also would like to talk more in depth about my nursing journey and where I am currently with tandem nursing.


No comments:

Post a Comment